Local Job Search | National Job Search | Place a Resume | Company Profiles | Job Hunting Tips | Relocation Information
Delta Dental is a nonprofit service corporation that was created in 1957 to provide high quality dental benefits programs for employee groups throughout the state. Delta Dental's programs are available to employee groups of 10 or more people. Groups can choose managed fee-for-service, preferred provider and HMO-type programs.
- Delta Dental is the largest administrator of dental benefits programs
in Michigan, covering more than 2.5 million people in nearly 2,000
- The satisfaction of our customers is evidenced by our contract renewal
rates, which exceed 95 percent each year.
- Delta Dental annually pays approximately $500 million for dental
- Some groups with Delta Dental coverage include the General Motors Corporation, Chrysler Corporation, the State of Michigan, the Dow Chemical Company, Dow Corning Corporation, plus numerous other businesses, public schools, city and county governments, hospitals and universities throughout the state.
- Additionally, Delta Dental Plan of Michigan offers dental benefits programs to people nationwide through our DeltaUSA program. Companies that are headquartered in Michigan and have employees located outside the state can provide quality consistent benefits to employees nationwide. Groups like General Motors Corporation, the Dow Corning Company and Dow Chemical Corporation have chosen this type of coverage.
- Delta Dental Plan of Michigan is a member of the Delta Dental Plans Association and also operates Delta Dental Plan of Ohio and Delta Dental Plan of Indiana.
To continuously improve oral health
In 1957, Delta Dental's predecessor, Michigan Dental Service Corporation, was created with an important goal: to improve the oral health of the public by selling and administering high quality, cost-effective dental benefit programs.
Over the past four decades, we've successfully worked to achieve that goal. Along the way, we experienced some major changes:
- We expanded into neighboring states through Delta Dental Plan of Ohio and Delta Dental Plan of Indiana and had nationwide impact through our business with national customers and the federal government.
- We became the largest administration of dental benefits in the Midwest and one of largest in the country.
- We grew to cover 3.2 million people throughout Michigan, Indiana and Ohio, in more than 3,400 groups.
- We provided more than a half-billion dollars in benefits last year, a substantial investment in the dental health of our subscribers.
While these represent major changes in 40 years of doing business, some things haven't changed at Delta Dental. We still continually seek innovative ways to manage both costs and care. And most importantly, our commitment to improving oral health is still as strong as it was in 1957 - making a difference in the lives of millions.
Our Core Values
At Delta Dental, we work to provide our customers with real value, to meet the needs of all those we serve quickly and effectively and to keep pace with marketplace demands. This means we need to manage change, build strong relationships and continually improve our products and services.
As we do so, all of us at Delta Dental are guided by the following principles-the Core Values that define our organization's character:
- Dependability- We can be counted on to meet or exceed the expectations of those with whom we work and do business.
- Expertise- We strive for the highest level of skill and knowledge in our industry.
- Integrity- We treat others fairly and honestly and have the courage to stand up for what is right.
- Quality Service- We anticipate and meet the needs of those we serve to the highest degree of excellence possible.
- Commitment to Teamwork-We respect others and give them the information and help they need to do their jobs.
These are among the many reasons that Delta Dental stands out as the leader in dental benefits.
Delta Dental has over 575 staff members employed in five different locations with offices in Okemos, Lansing and Farmington Hills, Michigan as well as Columbus, Ohio and Indianapolis, Indiana. Our headquarters is located in Okemos. The average length of service with our employees is over ten years. Our outstanding benefits, compensation and opportunities for career growth attribute to our retention success. In addition, our company has grown incredibly during the last forty years. In 1957, Delta Dental Plan of Michigan employed less than 50 people. Now, we have over 300 employees in our headquarters facility alone.
Click here for job opportunities at Delta Dental of Michigan.
At Delta Dental, your income from the company comes in a comprehensive form of pay and benefits.
Base Salary and Incentive Compensation
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Short/Long Term Disability
Flexible Spending Accounts
Vacation and Holidays
How To Reach Us
Delta Dental Plan of Michigan
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 30416
Lansing, MI 48909-7916
Fax: (517) 347-5159
Employment Hotline: (517) 347-5444